11.17.2010

The Foundry























Mission Accomplished! For months now I have been working with four special friends in putting together a new club and art gallery in downtown Bakersfield, CA. I'm blaming my absence in my blog on this fact. It has been a long and enjoyable process. :) The Foundry can be found at 1700 Chester Avenue in downtown Bakersfield, CA.
The group of people behind this venture are very valuable relationships to me. I have moved my Sweet Designs art studio to the new space. I lease a room that houses my art supplies. I have found that I have not spent as much time IN the space as I have planned but that will come with time. I've spent a couple afternoons of creation with a dear friend Jen Raven and have experienced the good presence in the space. It is bright, eclectic and comfortable. www.christinasweetdesigns.com
Justin Jennings of JP Jennings Custom Picture Framing occupies The Foundry's location. Each of our "Founders" occupy an office in the shop side of the location along with Justin's framing store. Justin is one of the last Custom Picture Framers in town. His work is of high quality. JP Jennings is the only framer I use and recommend his services to all interested! www.jpjennings.com
Nicole Browning of Nicole Browning Art Consultation & Services is an art consultant. She manages artists and utilizes her experience and formal art education to help artists grow in their field and assist in sales. Nicole will be the main Curator for The Foundry's art gallery. I will be a co-curator when needed. www.nicolebrowning.com
Alan Urquhart of Alan Urquhart Photography and Design is a Graphic Designer and Photographer. I have had Alan shoot me in the past as well as group photos for the Pink Ladies in conjunction with Shutter Clique, Bakersfield, CA. Alan also works for Willis Designs of Bakersfield and designs printed materials and websites. http://alanurquhart.com
And last but certainly NOT least is Alan Willis. Alan is a self-taught artist in Bakersfield, CA. He works with an airbrush and has an eye for detail. Alan and I first met while I was hosting a vending tent at a local Coffee shop Caffeine Supreme in downtown Bakersfield. He had heard of the local art scene online and came out to visit. The flower paintings he brought out were amazing! We became friends and would often host the vending tent together on Saturdays. He is a work horse and dedicated to the cause behind our mission.
The Foundry's mission is to provide opportunities in education, exposure and exhibition for select visual artists and art enthusiasts for the purpose of advancing the professionalism of those dedicated individuals.
Our membership is growing fast! We are proud of our members association and looking forward to a great 2011! Please visit our website at www.bakersfieldfoundry.com. Artists please consider joining our membership and contact me with any questions you may have!!
Tree mural painted by me on the shop side of The Foundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment