6.08.2009

childhood memories new and old


sunday i was blessed with a visit from my oldest childhood friend and her family. we were estranged for about 5 years... maybe 'estranged' isn't the word... better yet, disconnected-without-intention. she holds an important place in my heart. i couldn't have asked for a better gift than her presence.

the last we saw eachother her daughter was a couple years old and my little miss hadn't been born yet. she has since had another little girl; okay i'll come out and say it! i was a tearful mess~~! i made it through the initial hug and then had to take a trip down the hall to my room to try to pull it together...

she of course had the initial shock and awe at how much my M looked like me as a child. haunting in a way... i took many pictures of all of our brood playing in the yard together, on the swings, hammock and slide.

we had dinner and a small birthday celebration for her daughter L and laughed about how all the teenagers were acting, comparing them to our early teen adventures, all the while praying they will not mirror our mistakes and mistrusts in boys... had to call them off the roof tops a couple times.. :)

we took some long overdue pictures together which i will attach tonight. her beauty and strength amazes me. she is a sincere and devoted mother and wife who has had her fair share of struggles, she left me with a heavy heart last night. i cannot wait to plan a trip to CO to visit her very soon.

t&c forever...

c

No comments:

Post a Comment