6.14.2009


i'm an artist. i've always found it hard to admit or title myself as such. i consider the word 'artist' to be of the highest honor and held with a high level of respect.
i've painted since i was 10, my mom came in to my barricaded room one day and found that i had painted donald duck on my wall, after her initial shock we ended up with alice in the kitchen and living room and snow white and her little guys in our bathroom along with many more canvas pieces around the house. my mom's encouragement and down right demand for more has helped me get to where i am today. my first mural job was at age 15. it was 23 characters on a nursery wall, walking down a long road from a castle. i look back at pictures of it now and cringe. i see all of the errors in my youthful technique. everything sold colors, no shading and all outlined in black. the typical child colorbook style art.
i've traveled a long distance from the castle steps, evolved through time and experience to find art in my own write and learn to appreciate my ability for what it is.
artwork by christina sweet : sweet designs

1 comment:

  1. are those 23 disney characters the ones you did in my room?! :D

    ReplyDelete