6.04.2009

stay on your toes--



stay on your toes...

i've been struggling to get the art business off the ground. i've created a LOT of pieces, paintings and have shot a lot of photos...

my first photography exhibit was 5/5/09 at the basement gallery, 19th street, bakersfield, ca. being my first show i felt anxious, didn't know what to wear, didn't know how things would be displayed... the night was wonderful. papa and nana doe traveled in from the coast, i showed my family around the floor and after they went home, i spent the majority of the night with my friend 'Anne' catching up and living the artsy downtown life----for the night. the atmosphere was urban, barefoot, bohemian, with acoustic and folk music. people were sitting on alfghans on the floor of the studio... after all my worries of appearance, the lead singer of one of the bands (a real local underground music celebrity) approached me saying he loved my dress and hoped we enjoyed the show. it was the highlight of my night.

i have an exclusive show coming up on 7/3. just me! paintings and photography... i again feel anxious but in a way relieved that it will be only my work and i won't have to worry about my pieces not meshing with others'..

now for the rush to price everything based merely at this point on feeling-- arrange the pieces hopefully find some musicians to play and get the word out! i hope this event to be my breakout point. to get my name and work out to new people atleast locally for now... there's no better feeling than making a stranger smile.

you can find a lot of the work on http://sweetdesigns.etsy.com for sell.

this little dancer picture was taken in the garden of papa and nana doe's on the coastline. i've adored the statuettes for some time and saw this image in my mind as soon as i traveled outdoors to snap some shots. enjoy..

photograph by christina sweet/sweet designs

No comments:

Post a Comment